Baader 150mm AstroSolar ASSF Filter, fits 168-198mm OD (ASSF-150)
The ASSF family of filters offers a stable and rigid solution for all telescopes, spotting scopes and camera lenses. The AstroSolar® filter material is mounted onto a plastic ring. This ring is mounted onto the aluminum front frame.
If you plan to observe with magnifications above 120x, Baader Planetarium recommends the ASTF filters. The temperature-compensating feature of the ASTF filters will ensure that the filter material expands and contracts with the filter cell as temperatures change to provide optimum image quality.
- Safe solar observation and photography with all spotting scopes, amateur telescopes and camera lenses
- AstroSolar® Safety Film OD 5.0, mounted stress free in high-quality cell
- Original Baader AstroSolar® Safety Film (OD 5.0), cell-mounted and quality-inspected by skilled members of Baader Planetarium staff
- Clear white IR-rejecting front ring with reinforced raised edges along the outer and inner circumference, designed to protect the solar filter material from contact with any sharp metal edge
- Three (3) injection molded centering-bolts with threaded brass inserts to center the filter-cell in front of the tube opening. These bolts come in three different diameters, depending on the filter category (ASTF/ASSF/ASBF). Each bolt features injection molded rubber grip-faces, shaped to easily slide onto any telescope tube - but to remain firmly mounted.
- No tool mounting and adjustment of the centering bolts to fit a wide variety of mechanical tube diameters. Bolts made to contact the outside or optional (if appropriate) the inside of the optical instrument tube.
- Non-rotating sliding fasteners made from aluminum that hold the centering bolts. These metal sliders are equipped with a machined indicator to point towards the adjustment index.
- Additional Phillips screws are integrated into the sliding fasteners, so that the centering bolts can be firmly fastened with a screw driver if preferred by the user.
- Index scale provided beside each adjustment slot - adjacent to each sliding fastener, for fast and repeatable adjustment of the filter cell onto different telescope tubes.
- Black, sliding washers supplied to securely cover the full length of the adjustment slots in the aluminum frame - for blocking sunlight from passing through the filter cell beside the filter area.
- Three (3) security straps included, to secure the position of the filter cell with Velcro-adhesive pads. A safety feature to absolutely ensure a secure fit in front of the telescope under any circumstances (ex. gust of wind).
- Only for ASTF-filters: rubber plugs supplied as cover for closing unused adjustment slots in the aluminum frame.
- Warning text printed onto the front side of each filter cell: Read the Instructions before use.
- Cardboard gift box fit for safely shipping and storing the filter.
- ASSF Filter with 130 & 150mm aperture have 3 centering bolts (10mm diameter, 38mm length)
- 3 Safety Straps with adhesive pads
- Screws and washers