Meade Deep Sky Imager Pro (DSI Pro) 04523 is a high-performance, easy-to-use black and white (monochrome) electronic camera and camera control softwarepackage that allows every astronomer to shoot and process stunning images of galaxies, nebulas, star clusters, and planets their first night out with Meade Telescope.
Please, note: Meade Deep Sku Imager PRO Monochrome CCD Imager 04523 DOES NOT INCLUDE color filters for RGB color imaging. If you are looking for RGB tri-color imaging, please, purchase OPTIONAL Meade CCD Color Filter Set 04530 for Meade Deep Sky Imager Pro, or Meade Deep Sky Imager Pro CCD Camera w/ CCD Color Filter Set 04525. Monochrome CCD Astro Imager: Meade Deep Sky Imager PRO is the latest innovation from Meade. Meade DPI Pro Deep Sky Imager is 2.3 times more sensitive and has 4 times the resolution of the color Meade Deep Sky Imager. Meade Deep Sky Imager Pro is a high-performance, easy-to-use monochrome CCD camera that allows every astronomer to shoot and process stunning deep sky photographs of galaxies, nebulae, star clusters and planets. DeepSky Pro Meade CCD Camera is designed with the intermediate to advanced amateur astrophotographer in mind. Purchase the new Meade Deep Sky Imager PRO with OPTIONAL high quality Meade CCD RGB Filter Set 04530 and produce stunning RGB and LRGB images. High Sensitivity Monochrome CCD Sensor from Sony: The Meade Deep Sky Imager PRO 04523 utilizes Sony's ExView HAD Monochrome CCD Image Sensor Technology for incredible low noise and higher dynamic range featuring a 16-Bit A/D converter. The original Meade Deep Sky Imager utilizes a Sony Super HAD color CCD Sensor that has many desirable characteristics including low noise and extended sensitivity. However, the monochrome ExView HAD CCD chip from Sony is 230% more sensitive and has an effective 400% more resolution over the current Meade Deep Sky Color CCD Imager chip. This will allow fainter objects to be imaged with greater detail. Color Filter Slider Drawer: Standard only with Meade Deep Sky Imager PRO is the slider filter drawer that can accept up to four optional standard size 1.25" filters, including the new optional Meade CCD Color Filter Set for Meade Deep Sky Imager Pro. USB 2.0 High Speed: Featuring a fast USB 2.0 High Speed connection. This will allow fast data transfer. The actual download time for daytime or planetary imaging is up to 5 frames per second. For longer exposures the download time is 1/2 a second in order to sustain a higher signal-to-noise ratio. There is virtually no delay between the time the image is taken with Meade DSI-Pro CCD Camera and when it appears on your computer screen.
Meade Deep Sky Pro CCD Imager is also backward compatible with USB 1.1. New Features Exclusive to Meade DSI PRO Deep CCD Imager: • Drizzle:
|Drizzle was developed by NASA for processing images from the Hubble Space Telescope. Drizzle will work on any AutoStar Controlled Meade Telescope. There are 3 enhancements that drizzle adds to Meade Telescope Deep Sky Imager Pro CCD Camera:
- Increased resolution - By taking a series of course pixel grid images from the DSI and applying them to a fine pixel grid image we are able increase the effective resolution better then interpolation (See Fig. A).
- Extended View - Images are added to a final image that is up to 2 times bigger horizontally and vertically. The Telescope is then guided to the 4 corners of the image giving a final image that is nearly 4 times larger.
- Field De-Rotation - By selecting 2 stars, the software will rotate each image before it is applied to the final image.
• Multiple Imager Operation: Meade AutoStar Suite will now support any number of Meade Deep Sky Imager and one Meade LPI. You can now use a separate guide scope and Meade Deep Sky Imager Pro as well as have one for prime focus and wide field. Any of the imagers can be selected for guiding. The only limitation is computer speed and memory and available USB ports. A 2Ghz machine with 512 MBs of memory can easily run 3 Deep Sky CCD Imagers. • Convection Cooled: In order to draw heat away from the CCD Sensor Meade uses a proprietary "Convection Cooling" design, allowing longer exposures with less noise. • Less Noise Means More Data: You get all the data from your Meade CCD Camera Deep Sky Imager PRO without compression, and that means no loss of information in your raw images. • No Compression, No Loss: You get all the data from your Meade Deep Sky PRO CCD Camera without compression, and that means no loss of information in your raw images. So no matter if you take image for beauty or for science, Meade Deep Sky Imager PRO will give you the results you need. • No Batteries Required: Just plug Meade DPI PRO Deep Sky Imager 's USB 2.0 High Speed cable into your PC or laptop and you are ready to image or autoguide. No other power supplies are needed. • Autostar Suite Software: Camera control and image processing software is included, eliminating the need to purchase expensive after-market programs. • Light Weight and Portable: Weighs only 10 ounces and is very compact, measuring only 3.25" x 3.25" x 1.25" with no need for additional balance weights. • Versatile: Meade Deep Sky Pro CCD Imager works on any telescope and can also be used as a sensitive and simple-to-use Autoguider. Meade AutoStar Suite Software - included with Meade Deep Sky Imager Pro: Meade Autostar Suite includes Sky Software, Image Capture Software, and Image processing Software, including these features:
- Time Lapse photography tool Create movies of the rotation of Jupiter, moons transiting Jupiter, etc.
- Auto and Manual exposure settings let Meade Deep Sky Imager Pro optimize the exposure, or set it manually.
- New Stretch Options Auto-stretch automatically brings out dim objects at short exposures. Optimizes the contrast of objects, with adjustable contrast settings.
- Automatic Dark Subtraction Dark frames are automatically stacked and averaged, then subtracted giving you a clean image.
- Automatically align and stack images using state-of-the-art techniques.
- Magic Eye focus For super fast, no-hassle focusing.
- Live histogram Helps you optimize for the best exposure.
Deep Sky Imager Pro CCD Camera 04523:
- High Sensitivity Monochrome CCD Sensor from Sony
- USB 2.0 High Speed Compatibility
- Exlusive Drizzle Feature - originally was developed by NASA for processing images from the Hubble Space Telescope
- Multiple Imager Operation
- Convection Cooling design - allows longer exposures with less noise
- Less Noise Means More Data
- No Compression No Loss
- No Batteries Required
- Autostar Suite Software Included
- Light Weight and Portable
- RGB and LRGB Color Imaging is available with OPTIONAL Meade CCD Color Filter Set 04530